Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thankful!

I have just been sitting here thinking of the many things I am thankful for and feel inspired to share! First of all I am extremely thankful for my amazing fiance, Karl. He is my best friend, and to think I had tried to avoid him on our very first encounter! He is such a strong, smart, and loving person. He is such an example to me and what I would like to be more like. He is so kind to others and so non judgemental. If I could only have more of is easy going personality.

Next, I am truly blessed to be marrying into such a wonderful family. The Pedersen's are such a fun, close family and I'm so lucky to be a part of this family. There is never a dull moment with them. There is always someone making the rest of us laugh! Game nights are a blast at Debbie and Rob's. If only my game skills were a little better, I might actually have a chance at winning! Guess I'll have to work on that!

Friends are such a blessing in my life. I couldn't get through this life without them. I am so lucky to have such amazing friends. I have learned so much from my friends and because of them I know how to be a better friend. The friendships I have made through out my life have truly helped shape me into the person I am today!

Last but not least, I am sooooooooooosoooooooooooooooosooooooooo grateful for my amazing family! I must say I have the BEST family in the world. I honestly have the most amazing mom. Never have a I seen a women work so hard for her family and take on the role of mother, father, caregiver, counselor, friend, and care taker. She deserve the best this life has to offer. You know what she would say? I have the best that life has to offer! If only I could become half the women she is, I would be grateful. Not only do I have an amazing mom, but I also have an amazing brother, Jared. Jared is such a good example to anyone who knows him. He is always serving others and never says no. Something I could learn from him. I am so blessed that he loves me despite all that we can disagree on. And there is Mary, my amazing sister. I am so glad Jared brought her to our family. She is such an amazing sister, friend, listener, and mother. I know that no matter how big or small my problems are, I can go to her and she will drop everything to listen and help me workout my problem. I couldn't ask for a better sister. Not only is she an amazing sister, but she is a ridiculously amazing mother of my ridiculously cute niece (princess). Eveylnne is the newest member of our family and the most fun! I'm so proud to be Eveylnne's aunt. She brightens my day and keeps me laughing! It's hard to believe we ever lived without her in our lives. I cannot forget my great step dad, I feels so blessed that my mom and Ralph found each other. I could not ask for a better guy to take care of my mom. Ralph took on a whole new family when he married my mom and I truly appreciate all that he has done for our family. Ralph also brought with him his wonderful family, that I am proud to call my own. Hopefully someday I can be a little more like each of my family members! I can only hope!

2 comments:

Mary-Sunshine said...

Rachael, This is just so sweet. Of course, my eyes swelled up. I couldn't agree with you more about Laura. She is amazing and ANYONE who meets her can tell within 2 seconds and you are just like her. Everyone who meets you falls in love with you!

Kristi said...

I just wanted to say hi. I was so excited to come across your blog. I hope all is well. Hope to hear from you soon.
Kristi